Emily Batty’s Bio
Born and raised on a cattle farm in Brooklin, Ontario, Canada. Emily has two older brothers and one younger sister, all of which raced competitively at one time. Married to her beloved husband Adam of 3 years and coach since 2009.
Emily Batty is a professional athlete that rides for Trek Factory Racing Mountain Bike team and Red Bull. Each year Emily has progressively achieved better results besting all previous years. Some of her career highlights include the opening round of 2012 where she finished 2nd place at the World Cup in South Africa. She also represented Canada at the London Olympic Games, despite breaking her collarbone in training 3 days before the race. Emily has stood on multiple podiums including a 4th place in the 2012 Val D’iser France World Cup and a 3rd place in the 2013 Val Di Sole Italy World Cup. She is a multiple time National Champion and was also crowned her first Elite National Champion title in 2013. At the young age of 28, Emily most recently took home the bronze medal at the 2016 Mountain Bike World Championships, finished fourth place just 2 seconds off the medal at the Rio Olympic Games and finished 3rd overall in the World Cup standings.
Emily works with many high profile companies including Red Bull, Lululemon, USG, Pfaff Auto, Trek Bikes and Oakley.
- Bronze Medal 2016 Mountain Bike World Championships
- Fourth Place Rio Olympic Games
- Finished 3rd overall in World Cup Standings 2016
- Pan Am Gold Medalist Toronto 2015
- Podium Germany, Canada, Italy World Cups 2015
- Finished 4th Overall 2014 World Cup Standings
- 2012 Canadian Olympian – London Olympic Games
- 2013 Canadian National Champion
- 3rd 2013 Val Di Sole Italy World Cup
- Finished 6th Overall 2012 World Cup Standings
- 2nd 2012 World Cup South Africa
- 4th 2012 World Cup France
- 2011 Canadian National Cyclocross Champion
- Winner 2011 Sea Otter Classic
- 7 Time Canadian National Mountain Bike Champion
- 2009 Under 23 Pan-American Champion